The FOREVER ACDC
club is comprised of students and faculty who want to help bring about positive change and climate in our school and our community. Our club name stands for:
Friends Of Rachel - Embraces Voices & Encourages Respect; Anyone Can Demonstrate Change
Part of what we do is fundraise to help several area organizations or special circumstances and try to promote treating each other with respect and accepting who we are for the way we are.
Some of our accomplishments:
- Memorial scholarship
- Fundraising for the local food pantry and "To-Fill-A-Backpack" program
- Made Christmas cards and delivered them to the local nursing home
- Boot drive for elementary-aged children
- Community Fun Night/Dodgeball Tournament
- Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser
- White Face Day to raise awareness of the dangers of destructive driving practices (texting, drinking, etc.)
- Presentations to school staff and a county mental health meeting
- February 22nd Bullying day with a morning assembly, wall decorations supporting anti-bullying, class speakers: Attorney General William Hochul, Asst. Attorney General Tony Bruce, Barbara Burns-Public Relations for Attorney General's Office, Cattaraugus County Sheriff Shawn Gregory, Pam Kirkwood, Legal Services at CA BOCES, Sean Obergfell from Passion for Action and the Allegany Police Department, and the Mental Health Association's No One Way performers.
This video was put together to show how hurtful bullying can be in the hopes that if we see what it looks like and how hurftul it is, maybe it will stop. The video is in .wmv format and sound is included.
This is a video put together by Colleen, Markie & John from Warrior Vision Productions about our club. It was submitted in the Extraordinary Stories competition at St. Bonaventure. Please vote for it and reward Colleen's, Markie's & John's hard work! Click on this link: www.sbu.edu/extraordinarystories
Continue to check back to see updates of what our club has been doing and to view more informative videos.