1. Programs affected: Academic Eligibility applies to all school sponsored events. (examples are: Dances, Athletic Participation, Trips, Plays, Etc.)
2. Programs not affected: Programs whose participation results in credit toward an academic course.
3. Time line: All eligibility measures would apply for one week, Monday through Sunday. They would automatically end after that unless renewed by the eligibility committee.
4. Failing one (1) course: Students failing one course will be notified by their coach/advisor on Monday or as soon after as possible. They may still participate in practices, contests and events.
5. Failing two (2) or more courses: Students failing two or more courses may not participate in any extracurricular contests or events for one week. They may participate in practices.
6. Reporting: High School Attendance Officer will run the academic report for all students with a 64% or below in any class on Wednesday at 3 pm.
· List will be sent out to all HS Staff/Coaches with:
· Student Name
· Grade level
· Teacher Name
· Staff will need to highlight those students who they want to remove from the list or add any names to the list by 3 pm on Thursday.
· A teacher has the discretion to remove a student even though their average is below 64%
· If a teacher has a late addition to the eligibility list, they must email the High School Attendance Officer by Friday at 3 pm to have that student added or removed from the list that is posted the following Monday morning.
1. A compiled list will be sent out to all HS staff/coaches of those students who are failing one or more classes.
2. The ineligibility list will be posted on Monday morning in the display case next to the guidance office.
3. Teachers will continue to post their list for their class in their room in a conspicuous place.
8. Scrimmages: For the purpose of this policy, scrimmages are considered to be practices, not contests or events.
9. Rescheduling of ineligibility: Enforcement of ineligibility may not be rescheduled to make ineligibility more convenient.
10. Grievances: Any challenges to the enforcement of the policy will be heard by the eligibility committee, and may be appealed to the Principal.
I understand that I will be required to abide by the High School Academic Eligibility Policy in order to maintain participation in the program
Print Name __________________________________________