Welcome from the Principal:Mrs. Gayle Pavone
Prospect had an awesome 2018-2019 school year and I can’t wait to see what the 2019-2020 school year brings!
Prospect Elementary is going to continue to do what it can to meet the needs of all children in our building. The teachers have been hard at work all summer to get ready for the school year.
- Journey’s will be used for whole group instruction—skills and strategies for reading will be taught and modeled.
- Guided Reading will be used for small group instruction—your child will be in a small group getting intensive reading instruction at his/her reading level.
- Intervention will be provided for students who are reading below grade level and need extra practices in reading skills and strategies.
- Eureka Math will be used for whole group instruction.
- Guided math will be used in multiple classrooms to support learners and to reteach specific topics your child might need.
- Intervention will be provided to students who are struggling with basic math concepts and need this base in order to be successful on grade level material.
This year Prospect will be focusing on increasing the amount of time our students read independently. Some of this time will occur at school during Daily 5/reading centers — but we also need your child to read at home. We will be doing some reading challenges throughout the year to hopefully increase the time our kids are spending in a good book.
Another focus we will have in the building will be kindness. This past year we read several books about kindness and did several activities on being kind to others. We also did kindness Wednesday on the announcements. Though this may seem like a very simple thing — it is something that we continuously have to work on and develop.
An important part of your child’s success is our communication with each other. I believe that we are all working together to help your child grow and develop the skills necessary to be a good learner and a good citizen. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. You are welcome to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call my office at (716) 945-5170.
With Prospect Pride,