Congratulations to the following students who were recognized at the Salamanca Annual Awards Banquet.
Science - Mary Haley, History - Seth Bocharski, English/Media - Oliver Spruce, Math - Nathan Morris, Music - April Klusek, Business - Tiffany Nary, Technology - Nick Johnson, Art - Anna Collingwood, LOTE - Caryn Miller, Counseling - Sophie McKenzie, Physical Education - Xander Edstrom, Perserverance and GRIT - Kris Kranock.
Academic Awards for grade 7-12 are as follows:
7th Grade - Ivy Li, 8th Grade - Amos Whitcomb, 9th Grade - Holly McGonigle, 10th Grade - Luke Papke, 11th Grade - Bailey Rottenberger, 12th Grade - Emma Isaac.
Awards for grades 7-12 based on Effort:
7th Grade - Nixie Rivera, 8th Grade - Carson Redeye, 9th Grade - Trinity Romero, 10th Grade - Karomi Whitcomb, 11th Grade - Sara Jo Simpson, 12th Grade - Esperanza Rodriguez.
The Warrior Pride Award was presented to Michelle Pierce
The Nelson Beard Award was presented to Grace Hodara
The Friend of Education Award was presented to Tammy Bissonnete
Absent from photos: Trinity Romero, Oliver Spruce and Tammy Bissonnete.
The ideal Warrior Way recipient should embody the following characteristics, in addition to others.
- Compassionate, kind, and friendly to everyone
- Shows strong, positive leadership skills
- Puts others first and goes above and beyond for peers
- Volunteers in the school and community
This award recognizes students who excelled academically in a particular department. One student per department will be chosen.
This award recognizes a student who exerted extraordinary amounts of effort in his or her particular grade level. The ideal student may or may not excel academically, but has shown improved effort, understanding, and perseverance. One student per grade level will be chosen.
This award recognizes a student who exerted extraordinary amounts of effort in his or her particular grade level. The ideal student might not necessarily excel academically, but has shown improved effort, understanding, and perseverance. One student per grade level will be chosen.
FRIEND OF EDUCATION--The Friend of Education award recognizes an individual for one or more of the following:
- Has made significant contributions to the cause of education at Salamanca City Central School
- Example: The ideal recipient might have volunteered in a classroom for an extended period, supported or volunteered to help a school team or event, or has assisted in some other capacity for one of our school’s organizations
- The ideal recipient could be a government representative, a corporation, a local business, a local organization, or a private citizen.