Title 1 Complaint Process
Any public or non-public school parent, teacher, or other interested person or agency may file a complaint.All complaints must:
- Be in written form;
- Be signed by the person or agency representative filing the complaint;
- Specify the requirement of law or regulation being violated and the related issue, problem, and/or concern;
- Contain information/evidence supporting the complaint;
- State the nature of the corrective action desired.
- Complaint can be emailed to Complaints@salamancany.org or mailed to
Assistant Superintendent for Academic ServicesSalamanca City Central School District50 Iroquois DriveSalamanca, NY 14779Upon receipt of the complaint:
The Assistant Superintendent for Academic Services will investigate or designate a building administrator to investigate the complaint. The complaint investigator will:
- The District will issue a letter of acknowledgement to the complainant that contains the following information:
- The date the District received the complaint;
- How the complainant may provide additional information;
- A statement of the ways in which the District may investigate the complaint;
- The District's commitment to issue a resolution to the complaint.
If the investigator determines that a violation has occurred:
- Carry out an independent onsite investigation of the complaint;
- Review all relevant information and make an independent determination as to whether the District has complied with the federal program(s) in question;
- Issue a complaint investigation report, entitled Letter of Findings, to the complainant that addresses each allegation in the complaint and contains Findings of Fact, Conclusions and Corrective Actions (with a specified timeline) where warranted, as well as the reasons for the District's final decision.
If the investigator concludes that no violation of law or regulation has occurred:
- There will be corrective action to return to compliance.
All complaints and responses will be kept on file in the office of the Director of Pupil Personnel Services.Complainants not satisfied with the findings/remedy of the District may elect to appeal to the New York State Education Department.Appeals should be sent to:New York State Education DepartmentTitle I School & Community Services OfficeRoom 365 EBA89 Washington AvenueAlbany, NY 12234Those dissatisfied with the State Education Department's complaint resolution may file an appeal to the United States Department of Education:United States Department of EducationCompensatory Education Programs400 Maryland Avenue, S.W.Room 3W230, FOB #6Washington, D.C. 20202-6132
- Attempts will be made to resolve or negotiate the programmatic concern;
- A complaint investigation report, entitled Letter of Findings, will be issued to the complainant that addresses each allegation in the complaint and contains Findings of Fact, Conclusions and Corrective Actions (with a specified timeline) where warranted, as well as the reasons for the District's final decision.
Last Modified on August 28, 2017