4th Annual Award Banquet
Congratulations to the following students who were recognized at the Salamanca Annual Awards Banquet.
Science - Cole Johnson, History - Nyles Panus, English/Media - Serenity Snyder, Math - John Collingwood, Music - Kendell Valvo, Business - McKenzie Rider, Technology - Bryce Taylor, Art - Briana Sherwood, LOTE Spanish - Karomi Whitcomb, LOTE Seneca - Sophie McKenzie, Leadership- Caleb Nickerson, Physical Education - Michelle Pierce, Perseverance and GRIT - Alex Bennett.
Academic Awards for grade 8-12 are as follows:
8th Grade - Alicia Fiske, 9th Grade - Anthony Sibley, 10th Grade - Justin Blakesslee, 11th Grade - Nora Warrior, 12th Grade - Yeamy Velez.
Awards for grades 7-12 based on Effort:
8th Grade - Colton Crooks, 9th Grade - Reece Redeye-Desposito, 10th Grade - Holly McGonigle, 11th Grade - Sesilleya Slade, 12th Grade - Autumn Maybee
The Warrior Pride Award was presented to Ashley Siperek
The Nelson Beard Award was presented to Andy Herrick
The Friends of Education Award was presented to Angie Schwartz & Mike Mohr
Absent from photos: Colton Crooks.
The ideal Warrior Way recipient should embody the following characteristics, in addition to others.
- Compassionate, kind, and friendly to everyone
- Shows strong, positive leadership skills
- Puts others first and goes above and beyond for peers
- Volunteers in the school and community
This award recognizes students who excelled academically in a particular department. One student per department will be chosen.
This award recognizes a student who exerted extraordinary amounts of effort in his or her particular grade level. The ideal student may or may not excel academically, but has shown improved effort, understanding, and perseverance. One student per grade level will be chosen.
This award recognizes a student who exerted extraordinary amounts of effort in his or her particular grade level. The ideal student might not necessarily excel academically, but has shown improved effort, understanding, and perseverance. One student per grade level will be chosen.
FRIEND OF EDUCATION--The Friend of Education award recognizes an individual for one or more of the following:
- Has made significant contributions to the cause of education at Salamanca City Central School
- Example: The ideal recipient might have volunteered in a classroom for an extended period, supported or volunteered to help a school team or event, or has assisted in some other capacity for one of our school’s organizations
- The ideal recipient could be a government representative, a corporation, a local business, a local organization, or a private citizen.