Salamanca City Central School District
Distinguished Alumni Wall of Fame – Criteria for Nomination
To recognize individuals who have demonstrated the value of academics, citizenship, athleticism, community or leadership benefitting our school district.
II. An Honoree may be a:
- Past Student who has graduated from the Salamanca City Central School District
- Past employee of the Salamanca City Central School District
- Past Board of Education Member of the Salamanca City Central School District
- Special Friend, Benefactor of the Salamanca City Central School District or Community
III. Eligibility Criteria:
- Students – a 10 year waiting period from the time of their SCCSD graduation
- Employees –a 5 year waiting period, post retirement or leaving the District
- Board of Education – a 3 year waiting period post BOE service to the district
- Special Friend, Benefactor – at the discretion of the Selection Committee
- The selection committee may under unique circumstances waive or amend the criteria period by unanimous vote
IV. Selection Criteria:
Noteworthy achievements in any/all of the following categories:
- Professional / Personal
- Community / Charitable
- Other Notable Accomplishments/Achievements
V. Selection Committee:
- The total number of Committee Members will be an odd number (i.e. 5, 7)
- The Committee Members will be annually appointed by the Board of Education at the July Re-Organizational meeting
- Committee Members may be current employees, past employees, community members or alumni of the District
- The Selection Committee Member may participate in meetings in person, or via phone or video conferencing
VI. Selection Procedure:
- Nominations may come from any individual or group to the Selection Committee.
- Selection Committee members may also nominate an individual while serving on the Committee
- Nominations in any given year are unlimited.
- The Selection Committee will determine the date nominations will close, the number of inductees per year and when the selection date will occur.
- Final selection of honorees will be made by the SCCSD Selection Committee with a 60% majority of the selection committee present at the time of the selection.
- Nominees who are not inducted will have their nomination remain active for three years. At the conclusion of this time period, the nomination will no longer be considered. A nominee may be resubmitted.
- Nominations, final selections and voting totals are strictly confidential.
VII. Recognition of Inductees
- Induction ceremony will be held annually
- A commemorative plaque listing the inductees’ accomplishments will be prominently displayed in the District.
- The location of the Distinguished Alumni Wall of Fame will be solely determined by the Board of Education.
- A personal “Distinguished Alumni Wall of Fame” membership plaque will be presented to each inductee
To nominate a deserving alumni click here