5th Annual Award Banquet
Congratulations to the following students who were recognized at the Salamanca Annual Awards Banquet.
Science - Amos Whitcomb, History - Jordan Ray, English/Media - Elijah George, Math - Cole Johnson, Music - Brandon Milanowski, Business - Nyles Panus, Art - Brytni Taylor, LOTE - Rayona Jimerson, Leadership - Heather Doner, Physical Education - Kendell Valvo, Perserverance and GRIT - Jeremiah Foster.
Academic Awards for grade 8-12 are as follows:
8th Grade - Gahseni'de' Hubbell, 9th Grade - Lydia Halla, 10th Grade - Maeghan Collins, 11th Grade - Justin Blakesslee, 12th Grade - Sesilleya Slade.
Awards for grades 7-12 based on Effort:
8th Grade - Cruz Otero, 9th Grade - Jenah Robinson-Enix, 10th Grade - Chris McAllister, 11th Grade - Alexis Palmeri, 12th Grade - Caleb Reed
The Warrior Pride Award was presented to Nora Warrior
The Nelson Beard Award was presented to Caron Mohr
The Friend of Education Award was presented to Julie Morton
The Unsung Hero Award was presented to Levi Sponeybarger
Absent from photos: Amost Whitcomb, Jenah Robinson-Enix
The ideal Warrior Way recipient should embody the following characteristics, in addition to others.
- Compassionate, kind, and friendly to everyone
- Shows strong, positive leadership skills
- Puts others first and goes above and beyond for peers
- Volunteers in the school and community
This award recognizes students who excelled academically in a particular department. One student per department will be chosen.
This award recognizes a student who exerted extraordinary amounts of effort in his or her particular grade level. The ideal student may or may not excel academically, but has shown improved effort, understanding, and perseverance. One student per grade level will be chosen.
This award recognizes a student who exerted extraordinary amounts of effort in his or her particular grade level. The ideal student might not necessarily excel academically, but has shown improved effort, understanding, and perseverance. One student per grade level will be chosen.
FRIEND OF EDUCATION--The Friend of Education award recognizes an individual for one or more of the following:
- Has made significant contributions to the cause of education at Salamanca City Central School
- Example: The ideal recipient might have volunteered in a classroom for an extended period, supported or volunteered to help a school team or event, or has assisted in some other capacity for one of our school’s organizations
- The ideal recipient could be a government representative, a corporation, a local business, a local organization, or a private citizen.