Bus Safety Rules & Regulations for Students:
Transportation of students on the school bus is a privilege, and an extension of the classroom. Rules for student behavior are as much in force there as in any other school facility. School authorities can deny this privilege to any child who is insubordinate or disorderly. All students K-12 wishing to be transported to a different location than usual must submit a note from a parent or guardian requesting such change. Such requests should be submitted to the school building offices each morning. In approved cases, drivers will be notified of changes.
Be on time at your stop! During inclement weather, driving conditions warrant extreme safety measures. Therefore, to maintain our time schedule, it is advisable to expect your bus to arrive early, especially if your stop is at the beginning of the trip.
• Parents should bring their children to school if they MISS the bus.
• Wait until the bus comes to a full stop before attempting to get on or off. Always pass in front of the bus, never behind, when loading or unloading fromthe bus.
• Go immediately to a seat (the bus driver may assign seats) and remain seated until the bus comes to acomplete stop.
• Help keep the bus clean. Eating and drinking anybeverages on the bus is not permitted.
• Do not destroy property.
• Keep arms, hands, and head inside the bus.
• Be sure to take all belongings with you when you leave the bus.
• Do not distract the driver while the bus is in motion.
• Be a courteous and responsible passenger at all times.
• Large objects may not be carried on the bus due to D.O.T. regulations.
• Violation of the rules may result in disciplinary action.