Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of Science in Geology Minor in Environmental Technology Masters of Education
Welcome to my classroom! My name is Judy Norkus and I am an Earth Science teacher here at Salamanca High School. Originally from Long Island, I graduated from SUNY Potsdam in 2016 with a Bachelor's degree in Geology with a minor in Environmental Technology. After a short span in Colorado, I was accepted back to SUNY Potsdam for my Masters in Education. After graduating from my Masters in 2018, I moved to the area and was tremendously excited to start my career here in Salamanca! I love science, crafts, my dog, and living in western NY!
July 8 - August 12
- 1st period (8:30 - 10:25) Earth Science
- 2nd period (10:30 - 12:25) Living Environment
- Students are encouraged to attend Summer School every day to achieve course credit and/or content preparation for Regents Exam
- Parents/Guardians will be notified each day a student is
- If a student misses 2 classes or more, it may result in removal from the class.
Tardiness/Early Departures: (15 or more minutes missed per class) 3 tardy/early release = 1 absence
August Regents Examinations
- Exams are scheduled for August 13 & 14
- Students must register, in The Student Support Center, to take Regents exams by July
*All students taking the Earth Science Regents must also take the Earth Science Performance Assessment – Date to be Announced. Students who are registered to take the exam will be notified.
Geology, Ecology, and Hiking
July 15 - July 18
**Wear weather and hiking appropriate clothing**
We will be hiking in Allegany State Park on July 16-18.