Announcement for all District Residents
- The May 19th Salamanca City Central School District budget vote & school board election will now occur only by absentee ballot on June 9, 2020 per Executive Order from Governor Cuomo (202.26, effective May 1, 2020). Per Executive Order there will be no in-person voting.
- The adjourned budget hearing will be scheduled for June 2nd at 5:30 pm at the regularly scheduled board of education meeting.
- All qualified voters (see definition below) shall receive via mail a ballot in which they can cast an absentee ballot for the school budget vote, board of education vacancy and other propositions the BOE may authorize.
- A prospective board of education candidate must file a nomination petition with the District Clerk by noon on May 11thand meet all eligibility requirements, excluding nominating signatures.
- The absentee ballot mailing will including a self-addressed stamped envelope to return the absentee ballot to the District.
- The school budget vote & school board candidate election ballots shall be set by the District Clerk on May 11th.
- The absentee ballots will be mailed to qualified voters after the ballot is set.
- Absentee ballots must be received by the District Clerk no later than 5:00 pm on June 9th.
A qualified voter is defined as:
- A qualified voter must be a United States Citizen, at least 18 years old, a district resident for thirty days immediately to the date of the election, with their current address either correctly filed at the Cattaraugus County Board of Election in Little Valley, or documented on the Seneca Nation Tribal Roll, or properly registered at the district's registration to be held on May 18, 2020.
- Native Americans who are properly registered and residing on the Allegany Reservation in the Steamburg or Coldspring area, for a period of thirty days preceding the election, which is located outside of such city school district, are eligible to vote in this School District’s election.
Should you have any questions, please contact the District clerk at 945-2400 ext. 4025.