CONGRATULATIONS to Salamanca’s Part 107 Class of 2021!
This dynamic group of educators, servicemen, and retired hobbyists spent the last 27 hours going through rigorous adult education drone training in preparation for their FAA commercial drone pilot test.
Beyond drone-specific material, participants explored much of the ground-school information covered in the FAA’s knowledge test.
Topics covered included:
- Regulations relating to small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (sUAS).
- Airspace classification, interpretation of sectional navigation charts, operating requirements, and flight restrictions.
- Aviation weather sources and effects.
- UAS loading and performance.
- Emergency procedures.
- Aeronautical decision-making and crew resource management.
- Radio communication procedures.
- Physiological effects of drugs and alcohol.
- Airport operations.
- Maintenance and preflight inspection procedures.
Not an easy task; both instructors and adult education participants completed the course with great stamina and vigor.
#FAA #Part107 #DroneCertification Woz U WOZ ED, K-12