Dear Warrior Families,
At Tuesday’s Board of Education meeting the District affirmed its commitment to safety, wellness and instruction by outlining the 2021-22 Re-opening Plan.
The District has continued to engage parents, stakeholders and the Cattaraugus County Department of Health. In summary:
* masks will be required indoors, on busses. Frequent masks breaks will occur
* students and staff will not be required to wear mask outdoors but if they wish to do so, they may
* social distancing will follow CDC guidelines
* the District will work with County DOH to schedule vaccination clinics for students, staff and our community members who wish to be vaccinated
* hand washing and hygiene protocols will continue
* virtual instruction has not been widely requested (9 households impacting 12 children total) but will be honored through a collaboration with other districts and BOCES
Principals are continuing to schedule lunches and performance classes (band/chorus) in compliance with guidelines.
Lastly, like the past 18 months, circumstances may change. As the facts on the ground change, so too will our plan.
I encourage everyone to consult your own physician, get vaccinated and pitch in to help keep the doors open and schools in session 5 days per week.