Salamanca City Central School District
The Salamanca City Central School District (NY) Board of Education is seeking an educational leader with a strong record of accomplishments as an administrator and teacher.
The Board and stakeholders have identified the following as the most desirable traits, skills, and characteristics for the next Assistant Superintendent:
- Possess appropriate New York State Education Department certification as a School District Leader or other commensurate and appropriate certification.
- Evidence of successful experience and accomplishments as a principal and/or district level administrator.
- Experience in teaching, curriculum development, assessment, professional development, grant management, program evaluation/improvement, staff supervision/evaluation, and technology.
- Command and comfort in assuming the role of Instructional Leader within the District.
- Extensive knowledge of NYSED and Common Core Learning Standards for PK-12.
- Ability to effectively communicate using multiple modalities including oral, print, social media and electronic with all stakeholders.
- Demonstrate understanding of the academic, social/emotional, developmental and cultural needs of students.
- Display exceptional advocacy skills that promote learning, achievement and instructional exploration, creativity, curiosity and rigor.
- Other qualifications as determined by the Superintendent and Board of Education.
The Salamanca CSD, which includes the Seneca Nation of Indians, is located in Cattaraugus County, approximately 60 miles south of Buffalo NY. The District has three schools – elementary school, intermediate school, and high school. Student enrollment is comprised of 1230 students from diverse backgrounds.
Salary: Regionally competitive depending on experience and qualifications
Anticipated Start Date: September 2022
Application Process: The application and disclosure form can be found on the Salamanca City Central School District website. A completed application, current resume, cover letter highlighting qualifications in relation to the vacancy notice, three letters of recommendation, five references and evidence of NYSED SDA/SDL certification are required. Applications close at 3:00 pm on July 22, 2022. Please send all documents as PDFs to email@example.com. All candidates will be notified upon receipt of their application.
Inquiries: Interested candidates are encouraged to contact the consultants in advance of applying. Dr. Thomas Ramming, firstname.lastname@example.org; Dr. Teresa Lawrence, PMP, email@example.com
General inquiries should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply online: https://www.salamancany.org/page/assistant-super-search
THE SALAMANCA CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER