FAFSA COMPLETION NIGHT
OCTOBER 11, 2022
SALAMANCA HIGH SCHOOL LIBRARY
¨ If you need help completing the FAFSA, you should attend.
¨ Both parent & student should attend.
¨ The FAFSA process is quicker & easier when you have your FSA ID and password set up prior to completing the FAFSA. Please see the instruction sheet enclosed. Bring both parent & student FSA ID’s with you.
¨ Have access to your Federal and NYS tax returns from 2021 to assist in completing the FAFSA.
Create an Account (FSA ID)
Whether you’re a student, parent, or borrower, you’ll need to create your own FSA account to complete federal student aid tasks.
What You Can Use Your Account For:
- Filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form
- Signing your Master Promissory Note (MPN) if you take a student loan
- Applying for repayment plans
- Completing loan counseling
- Using the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Help Tool
Items Needed to Create an Account:
- Social Security Number
- Your own mobile phone number and/or email address
Site to Create an Account: https://studentaid.gov/fsa-id/...
- You will use this account for the rest of your life to manage your financial aid tasks
- Be careful when creating your FSA ID to enter your name and Social Security number exactly as they appear on your Social Security card.
- If you are a parent and you already have a FSA ID because you have an older child going to college or you have attended and have loans, you do not need to create a new account. Each child must submit their own FAFSA but you use your same FSA ID to electronically sign them.
- Be sure to make note in a secure location, your FSA ID and password for future use.